Last Modified: July 22, 2013
Curatia ("We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.curatia.com
and/or receive our daily newsletters (our "Website"), our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information, and the choices we offer you, including how to access and update your information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
II. Children under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
III. Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website in order to enhance your experience by providing the news content and features most relevant to you, including information:
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
A. Information You Give Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website or by any other means. This includes information by which you may be personally identified such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information"), provided while registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us (for instance, help requests and general inquiries) to help resolve any issues you might be facing.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
B. Information We Get from Your Use of Our Services
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Make common searches more efficient.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
C. Data Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
i. Cookies (Or Browser Cookies)
ii. Flash Cookies
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies.
iii. Web Beacons
Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have opened an e-mail or tally other website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content or verifying system and server integrity).
iv. Click-Through Links
In some of our e-mails we may use "click-through URLs". When you click one of these URLs you will pass through our web server before arriving at the desired address. Tracking usage of the links in our e-mails helps us better address your needs.
IV. How We Use Information We Collect
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To tailor content and features to you.
- To grant you access to our products and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
V. Transparency and Choice
You may wish to limit the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms provide you with control over your information:
VI. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
VII. Information We Share
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
B. For External Processing
To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
C. To Related Entities
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Curatia's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Curatia about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
D. Based on Your Requests
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
E. To Domain Administrators
In some cases, granting, suspending or terminating access to our Website may require sharing your personal information with domain/account administrators at your firm, or having domain administrators share personal information such as your name and email address with us.
F. For Legal Reasons
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Curatia, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
IX. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
X. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
XII. Contact Information
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org